08 August 2010

Ice Cream in a Cookie? Whaaaaat??


I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.  I have made cookies that contain ice cream.  I found the recipe on Picky Palate, and of course I had to make it.  My go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe is the one found on the back of Tollhouse chocolate chips, but recently I've felt I wanted something else.  A more voluminous cookie.  And here I have found it.

They were delightful.  I'm excited to try different combinations of ice cream and add-ins; my next attempt will be cookies and cream ice cream with Oreo cookies. 

2 sticks softened butter
1 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla (that's 4 1/2 tsp.)
Heaping 1/2 c. vanilla ice cream (frozen from container)
4 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 bag chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.  Add vanilla and eggs and mix until combined.  Add ice cream and mix until combined.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Add flour mixture and chocolate chips to wet ingredients and mix until combined.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment.  Bake 9-11 minutes and allow to cool 5 minutes on the sheet before transferring to racks.
Makes about 5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment