05 July 2010

A Feast for the 4th

My dear friend Zoe and I got together to make an elaborate feast for America's birthday.  It came out pretty spectacularly.  Our menu included:
 Salt and vinegar potato salad
Chipotle-caesar salad with grilled avocado (we omitted the corn, however)
 My special delicious burgers (see recipe below)
And these patriotic cookies, adapted from Sprinkle Bakes (I dunno how hers came out so nice, but I am determined to make a more beautiful spiral cookie).

Here is Zoe reveling in sugary patriotic goodness:
It was a wonderful feast (though way too much for us to eat on our own).  Here is a (very) approximate recipe for the burgers:

Ground beef
An egg
Bread crumbs
Milk
Worcestershire sauce
Salt
Pepper

Mush all those thing together in a bowl.  I have faith that you can use your best judgment on the proportions.  Make them into patties and grill 'em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment